3rd Saturday of the Month
Prospect Heights City Hall
8 N. Elmhurst Road
Prospect Heights, IL 60070
To contact the Water Committee by email:email@example.com
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available after approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
- Bob Korvas - Chairman
- Anne Kurlich - Vice Chair
- Kay Michaely - Secretary
- Sean Dwyer
- Louis Ennesser
- Ralph Kendall
- Dee Munroe
The Water Committee is an advisory panel that will support the residents of the City of Prospect Heights with respect to potable water issues.
Water Surveys and Results
2015 1st Water Survey Details Click Here
2016 2nd Water Survey Click Here
1st and 2nd Water Survey Results
The combined responses from the first and second water surveys were reported at the April 23rd, 2016 Water Committee meeting.
- 823 responses were received
- 300 residents indicated interest in bringing in city water
- 440 residents indicated that they were not interested in city water
- 83 residents responded “Maybe” to the question regarding bringing in city water
- 61 residents indicated interest in a well water forum to improve their well water
- 209 residents indicated that they would like to volunteer or might be interested in volunteering on a sub-committee for the process for Special Service Area creation (bringing city water to an area) or improving well water quality
A “Call to Action” letter for volunteers was mailed to residents who indicated they might be interested in volunteering on a sub-committee. If you missed the letter or did not receive it but are interested in volunteering on either of the sub-committees (Well water purification or Process for SSA creation, click on the Volunteer Letter or you can email the water committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding the water survey or any potable water issue can be directed to the Water Committee at email@example.com.
Special Service Area (SSA) 6 Related Documents
- Initial interest solictcation for SSA-City Water
- First meeting for SSA PH Water agenda
- first Meeting dec 27, 05 water Q and A
- Petition letter Lake Claire and Shires City Water Service Area
- PH Water feasibility petition submission
- PH water meeting with experts January 27
- SSA checklis and sample application
- SSA6 Baxter woodman July 2006 Enginerring case study
- SSA6 history brief with Expert in realestate
- SSA6 sample Larger area lower costs
Previous Water System Studies
Water System Study - 2013
Study was undertaken to update and re-evaluate the 2007 Water System Master Plan which included the potential expansion of the City's existing water system to provide Lake Michigan water to areas of the City currently served by private water wells or other Lake Michigan water providers, specifically Special Service Area 9 (SSA-9).
Water Rate Study - 2012
Study was undertaken to evaluate the existing network of City-owned water infrastructure in order to ensure that all systems are funded properly. Includes present conditions, future conditions, baseline cash flow analysis, rate structure analysis and rate scenarios.
Study authorized to evaluate the expansion of the City's existing water system to provide Lake Michigan water to the areas currently served by private wells or other Lake Michigan water providers. Includes a history of master plans, planning area, existing conditions, future conditions, evaluation of water system facilities, discussion of improvements, Engineer's opinions of probable cost and recommendations.
"White Paper" Water Study Committee Summary Report - 2000
Study authorized by the Prospect Heights City Council to provide a current, reliable point of information and reference for water matters relating to the future. Includes the costs of wells and condition of well water in the City, cost of obtaining Lake Michigan water, water distribution history, eastside water system and Lake water considerations. Study also includes a history of water-related activity from 1976 thru 1999.
Water Quality Reports
- 2016 City of Prospect Heights Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2015 City of Prospect Heights Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2014 City of Prospect Heights Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2013 City of Prospect Heights Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
- 2012 City of Prospect Heights Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
Private Well Water Testing
Properties not serviced by the city water system operate on private wells. Residents are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of private wells. Property owners wishing to check the quality of their well water will need to obtain a water testing bottle. The City does not endorse any water testing facility.
- I'm having well water issues, does the City and Water Committee have any advice as to what products I should use?
- I currently have a well but I am interested in City supplied water for my property, what is the process to get City water?
- Can I keep my well if I switch to City supplied water?
- What is a Special Service Area (SSA)?
- Who creates the SSA?
- Who determines if a SSA is approved?
- Who pays for the SSA?
- How much does the SSA cost?