Mayor Nicholas J. Helmer's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Mayor Nicholas J. Helmer has taken proactive measures to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus
- Mayor Helmer has closed the lobby of City Hall through April 30th.
- Non-essential City meetings have been canceled.
- Utility bills can still be paid online, by mail, or dropped off in the green mailbox at City Hall.
- Vehicle stickers can still be purchased online, by mail, or dropped off in the green mailbox at City Hall.
- Mayor Helmer has extended the deadline to purchase vehicle stickers and pet licenses until May 31st.
- Mayor Helmer advises all residents to shelter in place and not to leave their homes unless it is absolutely essential.
First Responders in Need of COVID-19 PPE Donations
The State of Illinois has started to collect information from potential donors of personal protective equipment. The following donations are needed:
- Masks: N-95; Earloop; Surgical
- Gowns: Isolation; Non-Descript
- Gloves: Nitrile; Sterile; Surgical
- Eye Protection: Face Shields; Goggles
- Infection Control Kits
- Hand Sanitizer (any size)
- Disinfectant Wipes (any size)
- Thermometers (forehead only)
All items should be in the manufacture’s original packaging and unopened. Unfortunately, we cannot accept open product or homemade items. We recommend you contact your local first responders (Police, Fire, EMS) to see if they can utilize your items.
If you have a donation, please email us! Please include the quantities of each you have on hand to donate along with your address so we can determine best drop-off point. We will then be in touch about the next logistical steps.
To find out other ways to help during COVID-19 response, please visit www.Serve.Illinois.gov.
We are doing our part in preventing the spread and we hope you will too!
Help decrease the spread of Coronavirus in your workplace, homes, and schools. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has provided common sense guidelines to help people to decrease the spread of the Coronavirus. Information about Coronavirus and recommendations on preventing the spread of this illness is available below:
Click here for Mayor Helmer’s Press Release
IL Dept. of Public Health FAQs: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
IL Dept. of Employment Security Press Release: https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/SitePages/NewsArticleDisplay.aspx?NewsID=490
Know How it Spreads
Take steps to protect yourself
Clean your hands often
Avoid close contact
Take steps to protect others
Stay home if you’re sick
Cover coughs and sneezes
Wear a facemask if you are sick
Clean and disinfect