To help homeowners who have mail-delivery problems, www.countytreasurer.com now shows when tax bills have been returned by the U.S. Postal Service. Property owners who don’t receive their tax bills can face interest charges for late payments and even see their properties go up for sale for delinquent taxes. To see if your tax bills have been returned, visit www.cookcountytreasurer.com and:
- Select the purple box, "Your Property Tax Overview"
- Enter your address or Property Index Number (PIN)
- Look for a red warning box that pops up if your bills have been returned
- Update your mailing information if it is incorrect
- Choose "eBilling" if you wish to receive your bill by email