On Saturday, June 12, 2021, the City of Prospect Heights will host a Document Destruction Event at the Metra Station, 55 S. Wolf Road, from 9 a.m. to noon. The Station is located just south of Camp McDonald Road. Only residents of a SWANCC community are eligible to participate and IDs will be checked for verification of residency (https://www.swancc.org/swancc-member-communities). Materials will not be accepted from businesses (at-home, small or large), schools, or institutions. Residents will be limited to six (6) boxes or bags.
All participants must follow these Safety Guidelines:
- All site workers will wear a mask and gloves and regularly sanitize their hands.
- There will be no “gatherings” of multiple people during the event and safe distancing of 6’ will be expected when there is contact with any individual.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle.
- IDs will be checked though a closed window to verify residency. There will be no handling of a driver’s license.
- Residents will unlock/open the trunk from inside the vehicle and allow staff to unload the items.
- Paper documents should be contained in one area in the back of vehicle in paper bags or small boxes – not in plastic bags! Boxes and bags will be returned to the resident.
- If a person is experiencing viral symptoms or has had the COVID-19 virus, please wait 14 days before coming to an event or dropping off electronics at a permanent location.
- Site/event coordinator may refuse service if a resident fails to comply with the Safety Guidelines.
Residents can bring up to six (6) file-sized boxes or paper bags of sensitive documents containing personal information, such as medical history forms, bank statements, personal files and retired tax forms. Paper documents will be shredded on site.
Plastic spines/covers and metal clips/binders MUST BE removed from all documents. DO NOT bring paper in plastic bags. DO NOT include photos, slides, negatives, books, store receipts, magazines, greeting cards or newspapers or any non-paper item.
For more information on SWANCC’s recycling programs or other recycling information, please contact the Agency at 847-724-9205 or visit SWANCC’s website at www.swancc.org.
The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) is an intergovernmental agency that was established in 1988 and is comprised of 23 communities: Arlington Heights, Barrington, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Evanston, Glencoe, Glenview, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Kenilworth, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Niles, Palatine, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Rolling Meadows, Skokie, South Barrington, Wheeling, Wilmette and Winnetka.