Halloween is on Sunday, October 31st. Hours for children to Trick or Treat door-to-door in Prospect Heights are from 2PM – 7 PM.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Remember it gets dark early.
- Costumes should be highly visible – use reflective tape and carry a glow stick and/or flashlight.
- Make certain that costumes are fitted so that the child will not trip.
- Costumes should be flame-resistant and any masks should not block vision.
- Wear a watch and carry a cellphone (if you have them)
TRICK OR TREATING: Stay in neighborhoods where you know the neighbors, ONLY visit homes with lights on, make certain your family knows your entire route, NEVER enter the homes where you are trick or treating without permission from a parent/guardian, and trick or treat in groups.
It is always preferable that children trick or treat with a parent or guardian.
Call 9-1-1 to report suspicious activity
CANDY AND TREATS:
- Have parents or guardians check treats that are brought home.
- Children should not eat items that were not unopened and store-bought.
- Throw away candy with torn or ripped wrappers or candy that has no wrapper.
Consult the Illinois Department of Public Health website for up-to-date Halloween guidelines. https://www.dph.illinois.gov.
Please Have a Safe and Fang-tastic Halloween