a Dog/Cat License
Dog and cat licenses are available for renewal online and at City Hall. Licenses must be purchased by March 31, 2021 or late fees may apply.
Please allow 7-10 business days from online purchase date for licenses to be mailed to you. Questions can be directed to City Hall at 847-398-6070.
9-1-11: LICENSE REQUIRED:
A. Any person owning or keeping within the city limits any dog or cat, four (4) months of age or over, shall obtain a license for each animal within ten (10) days of acquiring such animal or becoming a resident of the city.
All dogs and cats over 4 months must have a rabies vaccination. Please provide the rabies vaccination number provided by your vet and the expiration date.
If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 847-398-6070.
Instructions on Renewing a Dog/Cat License at City Hall
Pets which have had previous licenses will be in the City’s database and owners will receive a renewal form in the mail. To renew a pet license in person, bring your renewal form with payment to City Hall, 8 N. Elmhurst Road.
Instructions on renewing your Dog/Cat License Online
To renew a pet license online, please see below.
1) Go to the City’s Xpress Bill Pay Website - Click Here For Xpress Bill Pay
2) Log-in to your existing account or create a new account if you don’t already have one
3) Click on the City of Prospect Heights link
4) Select Licenses Renewals and enter your account number (located on your renewal form under the barcode) and your last name on the renewal form. Click Locate Account
5) Click Add Account button
6) Screen will display your current vehicle and pet license numbers and the amount owed for renewal
7) Click Pay Now
Instructions on Purchasing a NEW Dog/Cat License
Recently acquired dogs and cats need to be registered with the City. To purchase a NEW animal license, click the Download a Pet License Application link below and return the completed form with payment to City Hall, 8 N. Elmhurst Road.
ANIMAL LICENSE Until March 31 April 1
| June 1 |
|Animal Tag – New Pets|
Animal Tag – Annual Renewal