- Water Committee Links
- Special Service Area (SSA) Subcommittee
Special Service Area (SSA) Subcommittee
- Sean Dwyer - Subcommittee Chairperson
- Elain Linehan
Steps to a Successful SSA
- Create a letter/flier to collect contact information for the proposed area and hand carry it door to door.
- Polling of the community
- What are benefits of adding city water?
- How are costs calculated?
- Creating an SSA board
- Obtain Property tax index numbers for all interested residents
- Refer to 2013 Baxter and Woodman Study
- Requirements of the Prospect Heights Water system
- Methods of payment for the infrastructure work
- Cost of bringing water from the street into the homes
- Advantages and disadvantages of alternative of financing ways of infrastructure
- Current rates for city water in Prospect Heights Water system
- Change of home value if Lake Michigan water is available
- Ability to retain private wells for outdoor use
- Possible purchase and expansion of American Water works system
SSA Subcommittee News:
1st and 2nd Water Survey Results
The combined responses from the first and second water surveys were reported at the April 23rd, 2016 Water Committee meeting.
7823 responses were received
- 300 residents indicated interest in bringing in city water
- 440 residents indicated that they were not interested in city water
- 83 residents responded “Maybe” to the question regarding bringing in city water
- 61 residents indicated interest in a well water forum to improve their well water
- 209 residents indicated that they would like to volunteer or might be interested in volunteering on a sub-committee for the process for Special Service Area creation (bringing city water to an area) or improving well water quality
- How much does it cost?
- What is the process to get city water supplied to my property?
- Can we keep our well if we switch to City water?
- Who pays for the SSA?
- Who determines if the SSA is approved?
- What would be the cost of bringing water from the street into the home?
- How much would the monthly water bill be?
- What are the main water transmission infrastructure costs?